Meetings > 2008
Minutes of Twe12th Man Meeting : 13 March 2008
Venue: Ironopolis WMC, Bright Street, Middlesbrough
Meeting convened 20:00 hrs
John Donovan; Dave Dyson; Geoff Thomas; James Umpleby; Andy Glover; Paddy Cronesberry
Sarah Loughran; Steve Harland
1. Minutes Arising, February Meeting.
Pompey Drum - MFC responded that Twe12th Man had not been cited as objecting to PFC fans bringing a drum to RS, in fact no official request had been received by MFC. However, a drum would not have been permitted under MFC policy. PC to advise Mr Byng of outcome.
Merchandise - this item would be deferred to April's meeting to be discussed in depth. Messages were received from SL/SH to advise they had sourced samples, quotes, etc.
Frequency of Meetings - Format to remain in place ie: 2nd Thursday of each month. JU to post dates of the next 3 meetings on website(s). The group felt this could encourage 'walk-ins'.
Charitable Donations - would remain at 25% if a donation was to be made at an arranged 12M event; an optional discretionary amount could be made, however, if receipts were over and above expected.
Dedicated Rôles - the group deemed them unnecessary as long as members who volunteered or took on tasks followed them through to conclusion.
Mansfield T & Sheff U FA Cup Away matches - feedback on the banners, flags, surfer, etc positive.
Code of Conduct @ Meetings - group agreed to adopt w.e.f. April meeting; also each agenda item would be allocated a provisional time for discussion, giving meetings structure and avoid over-running.
2. Finance Report
Overview. - DD reported favourable balances in both Deposit and Current Accounts. No outstanding receipts or payments pending. Report accepted as a true record.
Newcastle Utd Charity Day @ Durham - realised £180 for 12M, after 25% donation to MDSA. Thanks were extended to Paul Mash, proprietor of the Garden House pub via JD, DD. PC thanked 12M on behalf of MDSA.
Parachute Jump - 10 May 08. Agreed that sponsor monies received will be deposited in 12M fund before distribution; any interest gained would remain with 12M.
Paypal Account - has been set up to facilitate receipts for any merchandise sales or ad hoc donations.
3. Cardiff City Card Display
The group felt that, considering the time restraints to organise (and the severe wind), this project was successfully handled and well executed by the 6000 participants in the N Stand, and generally well-received by supporters and media alike.
BBC TV footage before kick off perceived as 'excellent'.
MFC officials sent congratulatory emails to 12M via JD.
PC forwarded photos of the display to the core members.
Positives - included further recognition of the 12M; credibility to achieve the projects on time; .
Negatives - Shadow of N Stand roof slightly impaired definition from distance; Press release (could have been paraphrased); "Sporting Glory" theme not fully understood by sections of supporters; 'confetti cannons' vetoed by MFC Exec.
GT, JU, JD hoped fans could/would offer more input to future displays; group collectively would need to encourage fan participation also, through viral mail shots on messageboards, etc.
4. Emails, Correspondence
JU reported mostly received from volunteers wanting to help with card display, though one from an interested fan in USA indicating a possible donation.
No outstanding responses due.
Proposal of an 'email page' being incorporated in 12M website was carried.
AG requested feasibility of both 'unreserved seating' and 'singing section' possibly in 2008/2009 season
JU answered that these ideas had been broached in the November 'summit' meeting @ Rockliffe with GS, NB, and DA but they had not been favourably received at that time due to safety concerns;
JD reminded all that NB pledged that MFC are to conduct a closed-season survey of all patrons of whom they have contact details on Club's database, whether Season Card holders or otherwise, re: all aspects affecting attendance, pricing, improving atmosphere, etc. JU remarked it should be done before the end of the season, as it could affect what fans decided to do for next season;
MFC to be asked to arrange another 'Summit' meeting (JD, GT);
Boro Legends banner - JD gave update on work in progress from Mick Dunne, St. Bede's School;
Group were asked to bring ideas to April meeting of ways to increase proactivity of fans.
Meeting concluded @ 22:30 hrs
Next Meeting scheduled for Thursday 10 April 2008