Meetings > 2009
Minutes of Twe12th Man Meeting : 12 February 2009
Venue: Ironopolis WMC, Bright Street, Middlesbrough
Meeting convened 19:50 hrs
J Donovan; P Taylor; T Johnston; M Johnston; P Cronesberry;
D Dyson; A Glover; C MacPartland; T Byng; P Brock;
1. Minutes from Jan Meeting
Minutes accepted. Items reviewed/discussed included:
Finance Report -
Treasurer's Report accepted as a true record.
Year End and AGM dates formalised
Feedback on FA Cup 12M activity (Barrow) -
well received by fans involved, especially kids face-painting, Pogi flyers, etc.
All Nations flag.
Feedback on 12M website -
members asked to encourage usage by fans, and submit items, etc, to keep the site fresh.
Future Events -
Discussion on 'Singing Section' - how to create without compromising fans; any antipathy forseen; would Club be conducive to centralise NS vocal support; feedback from other fans groups suggested.
E-mails,correspondence and AOB -
Cost of PL away tickets/transport and problems for fans re: games rearranged short notice to suit TV. 12M to support FSF agenda.
Meeting concluded @ 22:30 hrs
2. Finance Report
Overview - Treasurer sent apologies for absence due to work commitments.
Emailed financial position - favourable balances on Current and Deposit Accounts.
Merchandise update to be given at next meeting.
No payments outstanding currently.
Report accepted as a true record.
3. 12M website/forum update
Forum traffic to be encouraged:
- discussed how 12M can maximise 'hits' by encouraging links from other sites, messageboards, etc.
- setting up 2-way mutual 'visits'.
- possibility to generate revenue through advertising;
- suggested group should draft an outline invitation to local companies for indirect sponsorship of the website in return for link promoting their business/website (JD)
Once again it was requested that members continue to encourage usage by fellow fans, write articles, and submit photos and other items, etc, to keep the site fresh.
To police the blocking of non-related football threads posted by 'unsavoury' traders using the website to advertise pornography, etc, Admin issued an access key for moderators allowing the deletion of posts not thought to be in the interests of User Members, especially minors.
4. Future Events
- In the hope that MFC would work in tandem at any future FA Cup ties, the group had contacted MFC to request possibility of subsidised/free travel to West Ham for 5th Round tie; however, no response forthcoming before meeting.
- Following a prompt from MFC for thoughts/ideas/suggestions on how Club could encourage fans to RS, a general discussion took place, and proposals ranged from food & drink promotions, scarf 'giveaways' at certain games, and possibly flags too for younger ones… the forthcoming replay with West Ham could be an ideal opportunity?
- Proposal that 12M should plan a banner on the theme of "Its In The Blood". Vote carried.
- As a consequence of the recent post match aggravation experienced by fans, including youngsters, leaving RS after the Sunderland, MJ asked for members thoughts on swapping the N and S Stands, as it would make sense logistically to police away fans to their coaches rather than risk conflict with opposing fans having to cross paths.
- 'Singing Section' was discussed again, but it was agreed nothing feasible could be done until answers were received from an approach to MFC. It may be easier to plan once it was determined which division the Club will be playing in 2009/10.
- It was remarked that there seems a continued agenda to discredit 12M and create divisions with the fanbase in NS on other messageboards from some of those fans who have migrated to the SE Corner. 12M believe this to be a very small minority with personal grievances, and have no conflict with the Red Faction as a group, and indeed applaud their efforts to improve the vocal matchday atmosphere.
- Programme notes -
Members reminded to volunteer to submit article for each home game. The programme is an important platform to ensure 12M profile, and is a worthwhile communication outlet for the group.
6. E-mails and correspondence
- No outstanding responses were due for correspondence.
Meeting concluded @ 21:40 hrs
Next Meeting scheduled for 7:30pm, Thursday 12 March 2009